-from Amanda Arnold, Personnel Committee, Chair
The members of the Conference Personnel Committee were: Amanda Arnold, Rev. Molly Cox, Maggie George, Mandy Hackerson, Rev. Abigail Henderson, Rev. Bryan Olson, and Rev. Gary Titusdahl.
The committee met quarterly at Mayflower UCC in Minneapolis and we again thank them for their continued willingness to provide meeting space for us.
Our committee accomplished the following:
- We reviewed and updated the Personnel Policy manual, providing our recommendations to the Board for approval.
- We reviewed and approved several changes to staff job descriptions, recommended by Shari. The changes were a result of Shari’s ongoing assessment of staff operations and resource allocation.
- Reverend Gary Titusdahl represented the Personnel Committee at the Fall Leadership Retreat.
- We recommended a budget for the annual salary increase for staff.
- We initiated an exit interview process for any exiting staff member, conducted by the Personnel Committee chair, or designee.
- We provided advice and counsel on various Personnel matters.
- The chair partnered with the Board Moderator to conduct the annual performance appraisal for the Conference Minister, Shari.
This was a year of collaboration with the Conference Minister as she celebrated one year with the conference and became more familiar with the staff and existing practices. We focused our efforts on modify existing policies and practices to best meet the needs of the Conference Minister, the staff members and the conference. I enjoyed my first year of chairing this committee and appreciate the opportunity to serve.