Today marks my 1-year anniversary of being the Conference Minister of the Minnesota Conference United Church of Christ. What a challenging and blessed year it has been! I have learned so much from all of you as I have visited congregations, chatted with you at events, and worked alongside you in this vast ministry we share. So today I simply want to offer my gratitude to you for this journey we’ve been on together…
- Thank you for your ministries in so many settings and places. Whether in congregations, chaplaincy settings, through our mission partners and educational institutions, or in your own communities and work, I am humbled and inspired by all you do to faithfully discern God’s call.
- Thank you for your participation in the life of the Conference. When you serve on one of our committees or teams or work groups, when you attend Annual Meeting or a clergy cluster, when you gather with others from across the Conference at a Pilgrim Point retreat or some other Conference-sponsored event, you show me that you understand we are one family woven together in covenant and called to be Church as one. Your participation shows me you care about the wider church and value our relationships.
- Thank you for your deep reservoir of passion and commitment to the work of seeking justice, building peace, and being in mission. I have been deeply moved by all the ways you engage in this essential work of our faith – as congregations and as individuals – and by your clear expectation that we as a Conference do the same.
- Thank you for the many ways you share your gifts to strengthen our ministry and witness. Your generous giving to Our Church’s Wider Mission (OCWM) or to the Conference and Pilgrim Point Camp through “Friends of the Conference” empowers so much more than we could ever do as congregations or individuals alone. You allow ministry to multiply and God’s Good News of love, mercy, and extravagant welcome to unfold.
- Finally, thank you so much for your patience and your graces as I have begun my ministry with you, climbed some learning curves, and acquainted myself with all the complexities of the Minnesota Conference and this particular calling. I treasure your welcome and your partnership.
I look forward to all we have ahead of us in the Minnesota Conference and United Church of Christ, and invite you to join me in steadfast prayer and in the ongoing work. The Conference is ALL OF US…..together!
Blessings and peace,