The Minnesota Conference United Church of Christ is the state-wide organization that equips UCC pastors to lead, supports congregations, engages in transformative mission and witness, and guides youth and adults on their faith journeys. We are a progressive Christian denomination.
Our mission is to invite and equip inspired Christian leaders and communities.
Our Core Values
- Faithfulness: Seeking to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ, we live out the shared commitments of the United Church of Christ: continuing testament, extravagant welcome, and changing lives.
- Stewardship: Responding to God’s call to be faithful stewards of creation, we practice generosity and forward-looking, responsible and transparent use of resources. We value each person’s unique gifts of time, talent and treasure.
- Empowerment: Affirming multiple approaches to accomplish God’s work, we identify and develop diverse leaders, share resources and information, and responsibly delegate accountability and authority to act.
- Innovation: Risking for the Gospel, we discover, implement and share new ministry practices. We recognize and celebrate creative and courageous efforts when they succeed and when they fail.
- Justice: Serving with compassion and advocating with passion, we seek a more just and peaceful world. We work to eliminate social, cultural and racial barriers, honoring each individual as created in the image of God.
Strategic Priorities: Bold Inspirational Goals
To fulfill our vision and live up to our values, the Conference’s priorities are to:
- Help clergy and lay leaders develop leadership skills in a rapidly changing world.
- Support and encourage healthy, vital congregations that are welcoming of everyone.
- Foster faith formation for youth and adults throughout their faith journeys.
- Bring new focus to justice, service, and mission work across Minnesota.