- Visit the Minnesota Conference’s global partner, the SouthEast Mindanao Jurisdiction of the United Church of Christ in the Philippines
- Immerse yourself in a rich and complex culture for two weeks
- Learn about the impact of early 20th-century American colonialism on the present-day Philippines
- Connect with your Filipino peers at a conference-wide church young adult gathering
- See the impacts of globalization on the developing world first-hand
- Witness the challenges facing the Church in the Global South
- Come home with a new perspective on America’s role, for good and ill, in shaping the future of the entire globe
Estimated cost: $2750
Applications must be received by November 29, 2016. Application review takes place on November 30. Save the date for an all-day orientation session in the Twin Cities on December 29th!
The trip will be led by three MN Conference clergy and adult lay leaders with prior Philippines and developing world travel experience.
Minnesota Confernce Board of Directors meeting
Minnesota Conference Trip to Israel-Palestine
The Minnesota Conference of the UCC is organizing a study tour to Israel-Palestine for January 9 – 20, 2017 which will be led by Reverend Bonnie VanOverbeke, a retired UCC pastor who has extensive experience in Israel-Palestine and has led multiple other groups. Minnesota Conference Minister Shari Prestemon will be part of the delegation and share in leadership. Approximate cost of the trip (per person) will be $3000 (including air fare).
If you are interested in being part of this amazing experience, contact Conference Minister Shari Prestemon (email@example.com). Exact cost, itinerary, deposit deadlines, and other details will be released at a later date.
Development Committee meeting
Nominating Work Group
Minnesota Conference Board of Directors meeting