Safe Conduct Policy
As a community of faith, we are committed to creating and maintaining programs, facilities, and a community in which employees, volunteers, youth and persons served by us can come together in an atmosphere free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, exploitation and/or intimidation.
Prior to assignment as a volunteer, in accordance with the Minnesota Conference United Church of Christ’s Safe Conduct Policy, all prospective volunteers must submit a Self-Disclosure Background Check and the Minnesota Conference will carry out a registered sex offender review at www.nsopw.gov annually. We recommend this procedure to congregations.
Prior to hiring an employee that will be working with Children or youth, the Minnesota Conference conducts a criminal background check, self-disclosure background check, and carries out a registered sex offender review at www.nsopw.gov annually. We recommend this procedure to congregations.
Criminal Background Check Steps:
- Download the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) background check consent form.
- This word-document will need to be customized with your congregation’s information (highlighted portions need to be customized).
- Print and have your applicant fill out the background check form.
- Mail to: Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, CHA Unit, 1430 Maryland Ave E, St Paul, MN 55106.
- Enclose an $8.00 fee for each background check and enclose a self-addressed return envelope.